Joseph Encinia feels the responsibility to share the gift of yoga for the rest of his life. The practice has healed him from a heart attack, kept his rheumatoid arthritis in remission, and assisted him in overcoming tumors. Joseph’s method of practice has brought him success in the yoga championships, and now his main focus is cultivating the mind. More recently, Joseph founded a 501(c)3 non-profit organization called the Yoga Youth Movement which is dedicated to inspiring youth to be strong future leaders who possess the attributes of confidence, determination, and focus in creating global peace through yoga.
In this episode, you’ll hear from Joseph on:
- How Joseph’s long history of chronic health conditions led him to yoga, and how his practice has helped him confront rheumatoid arthritis, a heart attack, and two tumors
- Why Joseph credits the start of his personal healing to the yoga championships, even though he was initially skeptical of yoga competition and had never been successful as an athlete before
- Why he is not so longer interested in theoretical ‘study,’ and what it means to experience life through ‘method’
- His mission to move children toward yoga and mindfulness in the school system, and how you can start a similar program in your town or city
- Check out the brand new Dharma Talk shop at We Are Yoga, and get 10% OFF your DT swag with code HENRYWAY: henrywins.com/way
- Take a WAYcation this July to Chicago! Join Henry for a fun-filled 4-day weekend of yoga and excursions through Chi-town. Enter code HenryWAYChi (case sensitive) for 10% OFF your 4-day pass: henrywins.com/events
- Sign up for the 30-hour Yoga Immersion over Labor Day weekend at Lighthouse Yoga School with Jared McCann, Aviad Sasi, and Henry Winslow. Get 10% OFF your tuition with code HENRYWINS: henrywins.com/events
Links from this episode:
- The Bhagavad Gita introduced and translated by Eknath Easwaran — Joseph’s recommended book
- The Tree of Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar — Joseph’s other recommended book
Get in touch with Joseph!
- YogaYouthMovement.com — Get a free youth yoga class plan from Joseph
- Joseph on Instagram