There are many valid reasons to start up a yoga practice — to relieve pain, increase mobility, build strength, find mental clarity, or develop discipline, to name just a few. All of these benefits are possible through a consistent yoga practice.
But ultimately, the yogi’s path is one toward connection with the supreme. When you discover — not merely through faith or intellectual understanding, but through direct experience — that the spark of consciousness within us is universal, interconnected, and infinite, all fear melts away and only love remains.
Yoga is a tried and true system, which extends far beyond shapes and movements, designed to take you to that very realization. It takes patience, curiosity, willpower, and above all else, practice, but it is possible. Even a momentary glimpse of the truth is enough to change your life forever.
Come practice with Henry to see for yourself what else is possible.
Henry Winslow is a dedicated yoga practitioner of 9 years, whose teaching is rooted in the Ghosh, Ashtanga, and Dharma Yoga traditions. In 2018, Henry took first place in the International Yoga Sport Federation’s world championships. Although strength and flexibility initially attracted him to the mat and remain a focal point of his teaching, his appreciation for the practice has since expanded beyond the physical. To Henry, yoga is above all else a tool for cultivating clarity.
Through workshops, private and group classes, and his podcast Dharma Talk, Henry empowers students worldwide to connect to their innermost selves, where our natural resilience, unlimited power, and universal compassion reside.
The purpose of life, our Maha Dharma, is two-fold: first, to find connection to our source and, second, to participate in the collective spiritual evolution of mankind. Yoga is one path to the former, and it is my privilege to share the wisdom of yoga as a means toward the latter.
Weekly Public Classes in New York, NY
All classes are open level unless otherwise specified.
If you are in financial need, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a free guest pass to any class.
Private Lessons and Events
Private instruction is suitable for:
- Beginners hesitant to step into a public class without a proper foundation
- Experienced practitioners seeking focused attention to advance their technique or understanding
- Parties or groups looking to put together a unique and energizing event
- Youth whose parents want to start them on a path toward holistic wellbeing
Praise from Practitioners
Make the Connection
Connect with Henry, and begin the connection within.
Not Interested in Private Yoga?
Connect With me Any of These Ways:
- Catch one of my workshops or special events, and be a part of a community of yogis practicing together!
- Check out my free library of audio classes and and videos, and practice with me from home.
- Follow me on Instagram and like my page on Facebook for a daily dose of inspiration and to stay in loop of public classes I offer around New York and beyond.
- Subscribe to my podcast, Dharma Talk with Henry Winslow, on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and everywhere else podcasts are streamed.
Video credit: Christopher Vitiello.
Photo credits: Meet Henry by Monty Stilson. Stars by Wil Stewart.