Talia Sutra (Talia Peretz Baderman) was born in Israel and, as a child, moved to New York with her parents, both of whom have had a deep impact on her spiritually. Yoga and meditation entered her life when she was just 6 years old, when she witnessed her mother’s faith in yoga to help heal her lymphoma. Talia has been teaching yoga herself for about 9 years. More recently, she moved to Jerusalem on a whim, and since then, she’s become a mother and a life partner to her husband, Ezra. She continues to teach around the world, write, and share every day.
In this episode, you’ll hear from Talia on:
- Two ways to become a prisoner of your body, and how she manages to stay free
- A telltale indicator that we are not existing and operating in ‘love,’ and how to course correct
- Why many people are afraid of empty space and presence, and how that fear can create fragmentation and dissatisfaction
- How Talia consciously frames her perspective around pain and discomfort for the better
- Join me this fall for workshops in NYC (Yoga & Fitness Herald Square), Miami (Original Hot Yoga 305) and Richmond, VA (The Yoga Dojo + Hot Yoga Richmond): henrywins.com/events
- Apply to the Jan 2019 200-hour teacher training at Lighthouse Yoga School, and get $100 OFF your tuition with referral code HENRYWINS: henrywins.com/events
Links from this episode:
- The Prophet by Khalil Gibran — Talia’s recommended book
- The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are by Alan Watts — Talia’s recommended book
- A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle — Talia’s recommended book
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle — Talia’s recommended book
- A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson — Talia’s recommended book
Get in touch with Talia!