Cassandra Lam is on a mission to change the way we live and work from the inside out. After a series of traumatic work experiences followed by healing through yoga and meditation, she found the courage to listen to her own voice and create her own career path. A former consultant turned entrepreneur, activist, and wellness advocate, Cassandra is passionate about creating spaces that empower people of color. She currently serves as CEO and cofounder of The Cosmos, a community that creates content for Asian women to flourish and thrive.
In this episode, you’ll hear from Cassandra on:
- What each of us brings into our yoga practice, and how yoga can inspire us to embrace our ancestral identities
- 3 simple steps People of Color can take to feel more confident and valid in uncomfortable environments, including homogenous yoga studios
- What it means to flourish and thrive vs simply survive, and how the Cosmos is helping Asian American women come together and celebrate their power
- [SPONSOR] Come with me to the upcoming 50-hour Rocket Yoga practice intensive with David Kyle at Yoga East Austin. Register now: yogaeastaustin.com/rocket
- Join me for workshops this March in NYC at Yoga Fitness Herald Square, Yoga to the People, and Three Jewels: henrywins.com/events
Links from this episode:
- Fund the Cosmos Summit — make a donation to support a historical gathering of 500 Asian women creators and rule breakers, coming to New York in late summer 2019.
- When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times by Pema Chodron — Grab a copy of Cassandra’s recommended book
Get in touch with Cassandra: