David Kyle is owner of Ashtanga Yoga Puerto Rico and founder of the Progressive Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga which honors the traditional practice of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois and embraces the revolutionary philosophy of Larry Schultz. Progressive Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga was established in 2004 to promote an Ashtanga based practice that holds no dogmas or bias towards the asana practice. David’s teachings brings a sense of ease into the subtle teachings of yoga and the experience of finding perfection no matter where we are.
In this episode, you’ll hear from Tim on:
- Larry Schultz, the Grateful Dead, and the story of the birth and blast off of The Rocket
- A fourth prong above and beyond Ashtanga’s Tristhana (breath, gaze, and body) that has become signature of The Rocket
- The difference between a Parsva Koundinyasana and a Baby Freeze, and how practicing familiar movements within a yoga context for David yielded unfamiliar results
- Leveraging creative rebelliousness to create accessible freedom for all students to practice, whether they like to handstand or not!
- Join me for upcoming workshops in NYC and Bucerias, Mexico: henrywins.com/events
- Apply for the 300-hour YTT at Lighthouse Yoga School. Use code HENRYWINS for $100 OFF your tuition: henrywins.com/events
Links from this episode:
- Vedenta Philosophy: Lectures on Raja Yoga by Swami Vivekananda — Grab a copy of David’s recommended book
Get in touch with David:
- AshtangaYogaPr.com — Check out David’s home studio in Puerto Rico
- RocketVinyasaYoga.com — Learn more about the Rocket and upcoming trainings
- YogaDavidKyle.com — Follow David’s schedule and contact him directly
- Follow @babarocket on Instagram
- Follow @ashtangayogapr on Instagram