Tony Lupinacci recognized the deep cathartic powers of a consistent yoga practice when he started a decade ago and has since made the pursuit of his yogic path a priority. Tony has been teaching for 8 years, completed 7 teacher training courses, and spent countless hours in self-study and practice. His teaching style weaves elements of Ashtanga, Bikram, Forrest, Dharma, and Katonah Yoga. He values breathwork, kriya meditation, and mantra practice and incorporates them into his teaching to help his students better understand themselves.
In this episode, you’ll hear from Tony on:
- [09.16] The search for his truth and his desire to live it on a daily basis. Tony elaborates on his deep-seated yearning to connect with others, to listen and to share the adventure of life.
- [16.08] The experience of practicing and working with a partner who is also a yoga teacher. How it’s vital to respect each other’s approach and take joy in practicing alongside someone who has a completely different style.
- [19.56] The influence of different training methods and how Tony integrates them into his practice and teaching. He challenges established attitudes to alignment and discusses body mapping and Katonah Yoga.
- [26.19] Tony explains his decision to leave behind a comfortable life in New York and travel the world as a yoga teacher. He notes the importance of allowing, rather than resisting, in learning to live life to its fullest potential.
- [32.09] The spiritual aspect of Tony’s practice and how it gives him courage, strength, and guidance. Numerous opportunities arose after Tony learned to surrender, let go, and embrace change.
- [38.55] Tony’s plans to create a yoga retreat in his ancestral homeland of Puglia, Italy. He shares his excitement about building a space and a community in a beautiful setting where people can come to host their programs and be fully supported and taken care of.
- Reconnect to your divine Self this December. Join me and Veronica Lombo on an immersive retreat in Bali: henrywins.com/bali
- Join me for upcoming workshops in Texas and New York: henrywins.com/events
Links from this episode:
- Grab your copy of Tony’s recommended books:
Stretching Redefined by Jules Mitchell
The Art of Gathering by Priya Parker
- Tony and Anton’s Morocco Retreat
- The Sacred Fig Teacher Training in Bali
- Tony’s Weekend of Workshops in The Yoga Box, Valencia.
- Tony’s retreat in Cocoon, Portugal.
Get in touch with Tony:
Support the Podcast:
- If you find this podcast valuable you can support it directly by visiting: henrywins.com/donate