Dylan Werner (@dylanwerneryoga) is an international yoga teacher from Southern California. He pioneers a unique style of vinyasa yoga centered around myofascial meridian sequencing and emphasizes the exploration of a physical journey to deepen the inner energetic connection. His extensive knowledge of anatomy and physiology and deep understanding of eastern philosophy lend a unique perspective to his teaching methodologies.
In this episode, you’ll hear from Dylan on:
- [08.35] The meaning of dharma in the Buddhist and Hindu traditions. Dylan suggests that the concept of dharma can be damaging if it is perceived as predetermined and is used to limit an individual’s life choices.
- [35.58] Removing the ego through service to others. Dylan believes that life can be simpler and more satisfying when we focus on the needs of others rather than on ourselves.
- [39.53] The union of body and mind. The role that a strenuous physical practice can play in stilling the mind and preparing it for meditation.
- [46.47] Connecting with our true nature. The benefit of blurring the boundaries between the individual and nature and of seeing ourselves as part of a universal energy.
- [50.43] Dylan explores the differences between love and attachment. He defines love as a pure, selfless emotion and stresses the need to let go of attachment and accept the inevitability of change.
- Reconnect to your Divine Self this December. Join me and Veronica Lombo on an immersive retreat in Bali: https://henrywins.com/bali/
- Join me for upcoming workshops: https://henrywins.com/events/
- Sign up for your complimentary Pure Yoga NYC class by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Links from this episode:
- Visit henryyoga.com to learn how to level up your yoga practice in just 40 days.
- Follow @henryyoga.app on Instagram
- Being Nobody, Going Nowhere by Ayya Khema – Grab a copy of Dylan’s recommended book
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari
- Siddhartha by Herman Hesse
- Looking for your next book to read? Check out the list of every book recommended on Dharma Talk
Get in touch with Dylan:
- Follow @dylanwerneryoga on Instagram
- Visit Dylan’s website: www.dylanwerneryoga.com
- Check out Dylan’s series on Alo Moves:https://www.alomoves.com/instructors/dylanwerner
Support the Podcast:
- If you find this podcast valuable you can support it directly by visiting: henrywins.com/donate