Audrey Sarquilla (@audreysarquilla) is a bhakta, tantrika, and yogini sharing yoga from 26 years of multi-lineage experience. Her premise and mission when sharing yoga is to empower each participant to remember ultimately this is ‘your’ unique yoga journey. Audrey created a Bhakti-Vinyasa school called White Peacock Yoga (@whitepeacockyoga) in 2013, owned a yoga studio in Encinitas, California for several years, and now calls Ubud, Bali home.
In this episode, you’ll hear from Audrey on:
- [12.52] Her yoga journey. She recounts the steps on her spiritual path, from her introduction to chanting during her teacher training in Costa Rica to her present role as a Bhakti Yoga practitioner and kirtan leader in Bali.
- [17.36] Her passion for devotional music. Audrey reveals how the deep sense of love and divine presence she feels when she chants and plays harmonium inspired her to incorporate live music into her classes.
- [20.09] Audrey’s signature Bhakti Flow style. Mantras, music and song are integrated into her asana practice to create a supportive space where students can move freely with their breath and participate in sacred chant.
- [27.15] The spiritual and primal power of music. Audrey considers the ability of music to connect us to our authentic selves and explains how her voice enables her to tap into the Tantric Sacred Tremor, the universal vibration that exists within and around us.
- [49.57] Audrey’s advice on incorporating music into a spiritual practice. She recommends listening to the music of kirtan artists, starting to sing before or after meditation and using our intuition to select an instrument to play as part of our worship.
- Visit henryyoga.com to learn how to level up your yoga practice in just 40 days.
- Follow @henryyoga.app on Instagram
- Check out Rainbo to view their collection of medicinal mushrooms that can elevate your body, mind and spirit. Use code “HENRYWINS” at checkout to claim 15% off your purchase.
- Check out https://yogaeastaustin.com/benjamin/ to learn more about Benjamin Sears’ 20 hour training immersion from February 7-9th. Make sure to use code “HENRYWINS” on checkout to receive 15% off.
Links from this episode:
- Bhakti Blossoms: A Collection of Contemporary Vaishnavi Poetry edited by Krishna Kanta Dasi- Grab a copy of Audrey’s recommended book
- Looking for your next book to read? Check out the list of every book recommended on Dharma Talk
- Musicians mentioned in this episode:
Get in touch with Audrey:
- Follow on @audreysarquilla and @whitepeacockyoga Instagram
- Visit www.whitepeacock.yoga.com to view their upcoming trainings
- Check out https://www.radiantlyalive.com/ to get details on Audrey’s upcoming 50-hour Bhakti Training
Support the Podcast:
- If you find this podcast valuable you can support it directly by visiting: henrywins.com/donate