Laruga Glaser (@larugayoga) is a Level 2 Authorized Teacher from KPJAYI of Mysore, India with over 20 years of personal experience practicing Ashtanga yoga. Fascinated by the mind-body connection and spiritual philosophy from a young age, Laruga is dedicated to cultivating transparency to this tradition and the deeply rich lineage from which the practice originates. Through it all, Laruga teaches as an act of sharing and love for what yoga develops in each individual, facilitating space to open, challenge, and inspire students to step into the center of their own being and experience their inherent potential. Laruga currently heads the Mysore program at Yogayama in Stockholm, Sweden and teaches workshops and retreats internationally.
In this episode, you’ll hear from Laruga on:
- [13.37] Building resilience. She credits yoga with giving her the mental strength and equilibrium to cope with challenging behaviour and negativity. Thanks to her dedicated Ashtanga practice Laruga is able to stand strongly within herself and face the world with courage and confidence.
- [17.06] Yoga philosophy. Laruga’s interest in yoga was sparked by her curiosity about spirituality and study of the Yoga Sutras and the Eight Limbs of Yoga. Her interest in the yogic way of life and its ethical code led to her subsequent immersion in the discipline.
- [19.57] Her physical and spiritual practice. Laruga explains how the performance of the asanas helps to embed the values of the Sutras into her life by developing her spirituality from the inside out and ensuring the lessons she learns from her practice are carried through into her everyday thoughts and actions.
- [33.42] Goal-less meditation. She describes her focus-free daily meditation and its ability to deepen her connection to her subconscious mind, strengthen her observing mind and sharpen her intuition.
- [38.12] Teaching yoga around the world. As a globe-trotting yogi, Laruga is excited to share the powerful practice of yoga with students in many countries and enjoy the experience of learning about different cultures along the way.
- Visit henryyoga.com to learn how to level up your yoga practice in just 40 days.
- Follow @henryyoga.app on Instagram
- Check out http://yogaeastaustin.com/rocket50hr/ to learn more about David Kyle’s Rocket Yoga 50hr Practice Intensive
- Visit https://henrywins.com/events/ to view all my upcoming workshops
- Check out www.warriorbridge.com/teachertraining to learn more about their upcoming teacher trainings
Links from this episode:
- David Kyle’s appearance on Episode 61 of Dharma Talk
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael A. Singer- Grab a copy of Laruga’s recommended book
- Looking for your next book to read? Check out the list of every book recommended on Dharma Talk
Get in touch with Laruga:
- Follow @larugayoga on Instagram
- Check out @larugayoga on Facebook
- Visit https://larugayoga.com to view her schedule and upcoming retreats
Support the Podcast:
- If you find this podcast valuable you can support it directly by visiting: henrywins.com/donate