Elena Brower (@elenabrower) is a mother, artist, author, speaker, Double Diamond leader with doTERRA (@doterra), and a teacher of yoga and meditation since 1999. Her first book, Art of Attention, has now been translated into six languages, and her second book, Practice You: A Journal, is now a bestseller from Sounds True. She’s contributed to Yoga Journal, Yoga International, Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen and more. Her work spans multiple genres and aims to bring us closer to ourselves.
In this episode, you’ll hear from Elena on:
- [16.50] Life lessons. Elena regards everyday life as part of her practice and believes the lessons she learns from her work, studies and relationships all contribute to her ongoing yogic evolution.
- [24.01] Finding peace of mind. She explains how her daily morning meditation helps to create a sattvic mindset by maintaining her equanimity, clearing out her system and preparing her for the day.
- [27.26] Building strong connections. Elena’s goal is to create family relationships based on honesty, love and respect and to pass the values she has learned from her practice on to the next generation.
- [30.22] Her best-selling yoga journals. Elena’s first journal, Practice You, helped thousands of people connect to their highest selves and her new book, scheduled for release at the end of 2020, will invite readers to continue further on their paths towards contentment and peace.
- [42.07] Her passion project. Elena talks about her work with girlsonfireleaders.com, an organization which helps to empower vulnerable girls in Kenya and enable them to become leaders in their communities.
- [53.07] Network marketing. Elena explains how working with doTERRA has allowed her to build a profitable business based on educating and empowering others. She advises entrepreneurs to focus on making real connections, asking good questions, and listening for answers to understand how they can best serve.
- Visit henryyoga.com to learn how to level up your yoga practice in just 40 days. Use code “HOMEPRACTICE” to get lifetime access to the Henry Yoga App for just $20.
- Follow @henryyoga.app on Instagram
- Go to www.warriorbridge.com/teachertraining to learn more about their upcoming teacher trainings
- Check out https://yogaeastaustin.com/forrestyoga/ to learn more about Ana Forrest and Jose Calarco’s weekend of workshops in Austin.
Links from this episode:
- Grab a copy of Elena’s recommended books:
- Check out Elena’s books:
- Practice You by Elena Brower
- Art of Attention: A Yoga Practice Workbook for Movement as Meditation by Elena Brower and Erica Jago
- Looking for your next book to read? Check out the list of every book recommended on Dharma Talk
Get in touch with Elena:
- Follow @elenabrower on Instagram
- Practice with Elena on Glo.com
- Listen to her globally beloved Practice You Podcast at practiceyou.com
- Find her calendar and blog at elenabrower.com
Support the Podcast:
- If you find this podcast valuable you can support it directly by visiting: henrywins.com/donate