Leslie Kaminoff (@leslie.kaminoff), co-author of the bestselling book “Yoga Anatomy” and creator of YogaAnatomy.net, is a yoga educator and internationally recognized specialist with over four decades’ experience in the fields of yoga, breath anatomy and bodywork. His approach to teaching combines intellectual rigor, spontaneity and humor, and is always evolving.
In this episode, you’ll hear from Leslie on:
- [31.52] The influence of T.K.V Desikachar. Leslie reveals how his outlook on life was transformed when he swapped the spiritual and esoteric teachings of the Sivananda Yoga tradition for the more pragmatic and worldly approach adopted by Desikachar.
- [43.13] Leslie’s attitude to enlightenment. He expresses his doubts about the concept of enlightenment and admits to regarding the longed-for dissolution of the self as a somewhat dubious goal.
- [48.33] The significance of suffering. Leslie refers to a conversation with Desikachar which made him realize that awareness of the inevitability of suffering provides a powerful motivation for the practice of yoga.
- [52.05] Breathing into the body. Following Desikachar’s advice, Leslie helps people to heal physically and emotionally by teaching them how to breathe energy and prana into every part of their bodies.
- [59.36] Respect for the individual. Leslie adapts his teaching to suit the individual because he recognizes that each person’s body is different and that their ability to perform yoga asanas will be affected by their unique anatomy.
- Visit henryyoga.com to learn how to level up your yoga practice in just 40 days. Use code “HOMEPRACTICE” to get lifetime access to the Henry Yoga App for just $20.
- Follow @henryyoga.app on Instagram
- Go to www.warriorbridge.com/teachertraining to learn more about their upcoming teacher trainings
- Check out Rainbo to view their collection of medicinal mushrooms that can elevate your body, mind and spirit. Use code “HENRYWINS” at checkout to claim 15% off your purchase.
Links from this episode:
- Grab a copy of Leslie’s recommended book – Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- Looking for your next book to read? Check out the list of every book recommended on Dharma Talk
- Leslie Kaminoff’s Interview with T.K.V. Desikachar
Get in touch with Leslie:
Support the Podcast:
- If you find this podcast valuable you can support it directly by visiting: henrywins.com/donate