Benjamin Sears is an international teacher cited as “a master” by Yoga Journal (Feb, 2017). In 2007 he opened LUXYOGA, a legendary retreat center in the South of France, and now leads Sacred Geometry Vinyasa teacher trainings worldwide. Forever a student, Benjamin is a former athlete who used yoga to heal from a litany of injuries and surgeries and is committed to orienting students towards a healing path. He draws upon empathy, experience, and his studies of Forrest, Katonah, Dharma Mittra, Astanga and Bikram Yoga as well as meditation and movement modalities including the Ido Portal Method to teach what works.
In this episode, you’ll hear from Benjamin on:
- How to find (and constantly recalibrate) your path through action and avoid paralysis through analysis
- Leaving room for improvisation in your life and routine, so that you have a complete arsenal of experiences to draw from, when your circumstances and challenges change
- Rumi in era of Instagram, and how to honor and respect a master of his craft
- How he developed his signature Sacred Geometry framework, and what compelled him to empower other teachers to share it
- Sign up for 300-hour Advanced Jared McCann Yoga teacher training this July at Lighthouse Yoga School. Get 10% OFF your tuition with code HENRYWINS: henrywins.com/events
- Looking to deepen your practice without the teacher training? Sign up for the 30-hour Yoga Immersion over Labor Day weekend at Lighthouse Yoga School with Jared McCann, Aviad Sasi, and Henry Winslow. Get 10% OFF your tuition with code HENRYWINS: henrywins.com/events
- Take a WAYcation this July to Chicago! Join Henry for a fun-filled 4-day weekend of yoga and excursions through Chi-town. Enter code HenryWAYChi (case sensitive) for 10% OFF your 4-day pass: henrywins.com/events
Links from this episode:
- This is Water by David Foster Wallace — Benjamin’s recommended reading
- The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice byT. K. V. Desikachar — Benjamin’s recommended book
Get in touch with Benjamin!