Ida Jo and Scott Lamps are Yoga Acharyas (Masters of Yoga). They are perpetual students of the traditions, methods, and science of yoga and travel internationally to teach. They work closely with Ghosh’s Yoga College in Kolkata, India and have published three Practice Manuals describing more than 100 beginning, intermediate, and advanced asanas, pranayamas and pratyahara techniques, plus an in-depth volume about modifying the 26 postures known as Bikram Yoga. Their research, along with Jerome Armstrong, into the history of the Ghosh lineage has yielded 4 publications from Bishnu Ghosh, Dr. Gouri Shankar Mukerji and Buddha Bose.
In this episode, you’ll hear from Ida and Scott on:
- How a traditional understanding of dharma contradicts the American dream, and how we can reconcile the two and live a yogic life in modern day
- Stumbling into the historiography of yoga by accident and their journey to Calcutta, which paved the way for exploration and connection that neither of them had planned or expected
- What an individualized, prescribed approach to yoga looks like, and how teachers can apply it to group classes in the US
- Sign up for 300-hour Advanced Jared McCann Yoga teacher training this July at Lighthouse Yoga School. Get 10% OFF your tuition with code HENRYWINS: henrywins.com/events
- Looking to deepen your practice without the teacher training? Sign up for the 30-hour Yoga Immersion over Labor Day weekend at Lighthouse Yoga School with Jared McCann, Aviad Sasi, and Henry Winslow. Get 10% OFF your tuition with code HENRYWINS: henrywins.com/events
- Take a WAYcation this July to Chicago! Join Henry for a fun-filled 4-day weekend of yoga and excursions through Chi-town. Enter code HenryWAYChi (case sensitive) for 10% OFF your 4-day pass: henrywins.com/events
Links from this episode:
- Calcutta Yoga: Buddha Bose & the Yoga Family of Bishnu Ghosh and Yogananda by Jerome Armstrong on Amazon
- The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer — Ida’s recommended book
- From Science to God: A Physicist’s Journey into the Mystery of Consciousness by Peter Russell — Scott’s recommended book
Get in touch with Ida and Scott!