Jeff Chen is the Executive Director of PureAction.org, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing the ancient benefits of yoga to mainstream medicine through pilot studies in yoga, continuing education and bringing yoga practice to underserved communities. He has been practicing hot yoga for over 18 years and feels better every day he practices.
In this episode, you’ll hear from Jeff on:
- How Pure Action is gathering scientific proof to back up the anecdotal evidence around the transformation effects we’ve all experienced from yoga
- Why it’s so important to validate the therapeutic value of yoga with hard data, and whom Pure Action is really trying to convince
- Why philanthropic yoga outreach has made such a tremendous impact in addiction recovery centers but fallen flat in schools and other avenues of community outreach
- How yoga teachers can access cutting-edge information live, and get involved in a community of yogis and researchers committed to advancing our understanding of yoga therapy
- Check out the brand new Dharma Talk shop at We Are Yoga, and get 10% OFF your DT swag with code HENRYWAY: henrywins.com/way
- Take a WAYcation this July to Chicago! Join Henry for a fun-filled 4-day weekend of yoga and excursions through Chi-town. Enter code HenryWAYChi (case sensitive) for 10% OFF your 4-day pass: henrywins.com/events
- Sign up for the 30-hour Yoga Immersion over Labor Day weekend at Lighthouse Yoga School with Jared McCann, Aviad Sasi, and Henry Winslow. Get 10% OFF your tuition with code HENRYWINS: henrywins.com/events
Links from this episode:
- Attend the Pure Action Annual Yoga Research Conference in Austin, TX October 27 – 28
- The Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga by Swami Vishnu Devananda — Jeff’s recommended book
Get in touch with Jeff!