Building Blocks of Backbending
3-PART ONLINE WORKSHOP SERIES | Hosted via Zoom
Improve your backbends over this three-part workshop series! Each 90-minute workshop will be thematically focused, covering the topics listed below. Workshops will begin with a short warm-up and end with an open Q&A session.
Students who enroll in all 3 workshops will receive access to video recordings.
SATURDAY, AUG 15 | 10 – 11:30am PDT
BBB Part 1: Safety (REGISTRATION CLOSED)
– How to approach backbending responsibly and safely
– How to maintain your breath in backbends and use breath to deepen your experience
– How to to relieve acute or chronic back pain
– How to prevent aches and pains and protect yourself from longer-term damage
SATURDAY, AUG 22 | 10 – 11:30am PDT
BBB Part 2: Shoulders (REGISTRATION CLOSED)
– How to access more complete range of motion in your stubborn shoulders!
– How to create a more even and aesthetic backbend shape
– How to rotate your shoulders in backbends — achieving the full/flipped/pigeon grip without “cheating” your spine
SATURDAY, AUG 29 | 10 – 11:30am PDT
BBB Part 3: Strength (REGISTRATION CLOSED)
– How to develop active flexibility (vs. passive) in your backbending practice
– How to strengthen the muscles supporting your spine
– How to approach and work on backbending inversions — including scorpion and hollowback poses
Zoom links will be provided to enrollees by email prior to workshops. Add email@example.com to your address book and check your spam folder if you have not received a link by the day of the event.
Registration Closed >
Don't See Your City?
Get in touch for event bookings... or even just to let me know you're interested.